Project Based Learning Week {Part 2}

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Three down, two to go!  Today was a madhouse and I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.  We finished assembling the buildings and then moved onto the painting portion of the morning.


My classroom BEFORE... 

 Tape for days 

 Our palettes 


Painting station! 


I added a little Elmers glue to the paint to thicken it up and help it to last a little longer. 


Here are some snapshots of our works in progress, pre painting 








And then came the paint...









Funny story about ^ this little.  My Assistant Teacher put on a smock to protect his clothes and said to me, "I don't mess around".  This little was standing behind me and he goes, "Ms. Vericker look at me, I DO mess around, hahaha!" and then he did a little dance.  It was the highlight of my week.  We took about a zillion pictures of this.  

Tomorrow is adding the little details such as windows, doors, people, lettering etc.  Lots of pom-poms, stencils, more paint, more glue- fun, fun, fun!  Friday we lay the whole community out and make the streets, transportation, trees, animals- the whole shebang!  Wish us luck! :)  



Add a comment »

Leave a Reply