"A Brave Year of Firsts" EOY Writing Activity

Monday, June 2, 2014

FREEBIE ALERT! 
Quickie blog post here for those of you still battling through the last few sweltering days of school... I was cleaning out my "teacher books" today (aka the books I store up on a very high, very out of reach shelf) and stumbled across this FABULOUS book written by Jamie Lee Curtis.  I just love all of her social/emotional books; they have such a great message.  How did I forget that I bought this book way back when?!  So glad I came across this treasure.



This one in particular is so fitting for the end of first grade (sob).  I threw together a little response to literature activity to go along with this precious read aloud.  You can grab the FREEBIE  here,

I read the book to the kiddos and then talked them through a meditation.  By "meditation" I mean, they close their eyes and I talk them through the relaxation process.  Then I shift their focus to whatever I want them to ponder.  I have the say, the quality of work that I get after a "meditation" is remarkably better than when I don't do a meditation.  I usually do these with response to literature activities or a writing activity.  I have to say, I am pretty proud of the finished (and not quite yet finished!) products.





Oh boy, I sure am going to miss this batch of littles! :(






1 Comment »

One Response to “"A Brave Year of Firsts" EOY Writing Activity”